Subject: Re: sky2 still badly broken

From: Niccolò Belli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 20:06:11 +0200

Il 03/05/2012 17:23, Stephen Hemminger ha scritto:
> The receiver on some versions of the chip can't keep up with full speed
> of 1G bit/sec. The receive  FIFO has hardware issues, and since I don't
> work for Marvell, working around the problem is guesswork. Without exact
> information all that can be done is have a timeout and blunt force reset
> logic. The vendor driver sk98lin has the same brute force logic, but may
> just not print the message.

If I lower the speed to 100Mb/s I don't have rx errors anymore *BUT* 
when using dhcp after a while the network doesn't work anymore:

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=590 ttl=47 time=61.7 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=591 ttl=47 time=62.0 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=592 ttl=47 time=62.0 ms
ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable
ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable
ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable

I have no problems with dhcp using wifi or other NICs.

Niccolò