Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 6/6] mISDN: Help to identify the card

From: Karsten Keil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 17:58:58 +0200

Am 04.05.2012 16:48, schrieb Paul Gortmaker:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Karsten Keil <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Karsten Keil <[email-masked]>
>>
>> With multiple cards is hard to figure out which port caused trouble
>> int the layer2 routines (e.g. got a timeout).
>> Now we have the informations in the log output.
> 
> If you are in here changing all these printk(KERN_LEVEL ...) lines anyway,
> then perhaps it is a good time to make use of pr_warn() and friends to
> help avoid some multi-line fragmentation things like this:
> 
>>                                printk(KERN_WARNING
>>                                       "%s: windowar[%d] is NULL\n",
>> -                                      __func__, p1);
>> +                                      mISDNDevName4ch(&l2->ch), p1);
>>                        l2->windowar[p1] = NULL;
> 

Good point, but this should be consolidated over the complete project.
Will put this on TODO, after the current issues are solved.

Thanks
Karsten