Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 2/2] decrement static keys on real destroy time

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:28:29 +0900

(2012/05/16 16:04), Glauber Costa wrote:

> On 05/16/2012 10:03 AM, Glauber Costa wrote:
>>> BTW, what is the relationship between 1/2 and 2/2  ?
>> Can't do jump label patching inside an interrupt handler. They need to
>> happen when we free the structure, and I was about to add a worker
>> myself when I found out we already have one: just we don't always use it.
>>
>> Before we merge it, let me just make sure the issue with config Li
>> pointed out don't exist. I did test it, but since I've reposted this
>> many times with multiple tiny changes - the type that will usually get
>> us killed, I'd be more comfortable with an extra round of testing if
>> someone spotted a possibility.
>>
>> Who is merging this fix, btw ?
>> I find it to be entirely memcg related, even though it touches a file in
>> net (but a file with only memcg code in it)
>>
> 
> For the record, I compiled test it many times, and the problem that Li
> wondered about seems not to exist.
> 

Ah...Hmm.....I guess dependency problem will be found in -mm if any rather than
netdev...

David, can this bug-fix patch goes via -mm tree ? Or will you pick up ?

CC'ed David Miller and Andrew Morton.

Thanks,
-Kame