Subject: Re: [Announce] LARTC wiki available

From: Andy Furniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 15:37:57 +0100

Julien Vehent wrote:
> On 2012-06-01 12:42, Niccolò Belli wrote:
>> http://lartc.org is alive and kicking and there is no need for
>> another
>> wiki anymore. I'd like to thank both Bert and Carl-Daniel.
>>
>> Niccolò
>>
>
> Very cool !
> I'll try to find some time and move over some of the content I have
> here:
> http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:networking:traffic_control

A couple of things that stand out after skimming through.

DSL - Jeesper's overhead as noted in the comments is not 5 and anyway I 
think his good work has now been superseded by stab as it allows for 
negative overheads, which his did not.

man tc-stab has clear and good explanations and examples.

SFQ - well it's literally been years since I knew it in detail, but 
limit was (back then at least) for all flows combined.

I tested (maybe not hard enough) quantum < mtu and never managed to 
prevent dequeues - I know it's not efficient and "forbiden" but back 
then at least it didn't break.

Anyway it seems that early this year SFQ got some love and now has 
several more options (red, headdrop, limit >127, depth as param) - so as 
long as your iproute/kernel is current have a look at man tc-sfq for 
details.