Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 5/5] gianfar_ethtool: coding style and whitespace cleanups

From: Jan Ceuleers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:49:43 +0200

On 06/05/2012 11:14 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Jan Ceuleers <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 07:54:29 +0200
> 
>> So your build environment happens to be one of powerpc, alpha or mips,
>> does it?
> 
> No, I get those errors you posted too.
> 
> But like I said, you simply IGNORE THEM, and look for newly introduced
> errors and warnings.

David,

The error I quoted was a fatal error, meaning that compilation did not
proceed beyond the point to which the error pertained (inclusion of a
header that does not exist in my arch). So I cannot test-compile the
driver on my arch and draw any conclusions from that beyond line 91.

I really wanted to make a modest contribution with this patch set, and
it seems I've failed miserably due to the amount of other people's
bandwidth that I'm consuming...

Jan