Subject: Re: unstable 10GBE performance with recent kernels (> 3.0.X)

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:36:02 +0200

Am 18.06.2012 12:25, schrieb Eric Dumazet:
> I would remove all this (pretty old and obsolete) stuff and use standard
> params.
OK, thanks. done.

I've one RHEL6 system (using default 2.6.32 kernel) where only using 
"ntuple on" results in just 4-5Gbit/s while the others using 3.5.0-rc2 
are working fine.

> Only thing you could do is :
> ethtool -K eth2 ntuple on
>
> on both machines
Thanks that works great and boosts the performance a lot. What does it 
do? man ethtool doesn't show anything useful.

Is this also recommanded for 1Gb/s?

Could you recommend a tcp_congestion_control module? RHEL6 uses cubic by 
default. Some others use reno or bic.

Stefan