Subject: Re: [net-next RFC V5 0/5] Multiqueue virtio-net

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:46:47 -0700

On 07/08/2012 08:23 PM, Jason Wang wrote:
> On 07/07/2012 12:23 AM, Rick Jones wrote:
>> On 07/06/2012 12:42 AM, Jason Wang wrote:
>> Which mechanism to address skew error?  The netperf manual describes
>> more than one:
>
> This mechanism is missed in my test, I would add them to my test scripts.
>>
>> http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/trunk/doc/netperf.html#Using-Netperf-to-Measure-Aggregate-Performance
>>
>>
>> Personally, my preference these days is to use the "demo mode" method
>> of aggregate results as it can be rather faster than (ab)using the
>> confidence intervals mechanism, which I suspect may not really scale
>> all that well to large numbers of concurrent netperfs.
>
> During my test, the confidence interval would even hard to achieved in
> RR test when I pin vhost/vcpus in the processors, so I didn't use it.

When running aggregate netperfs, *something* has to be done to address 
the prospect of skew error.  Otherwise the results are suspect.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones