Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] igb: use build_skb()

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:28:50 -0700

On 08/06/2012 11:21 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 10:35 -0700, Alexander Duyck wrote:
>
>> I was planning to move igb over to an ixgbe style receive path at some
>> point anyway.  Since it seems like this is now a higher priority I
>> figured I would try to get the patches for it implemented in the next
>> week or so.  Would there be any issue with us rejecting this patch and
>> instead switching igb over to the ixgbe style path?
> It seems I missed this part.
>
> I use igb on my dev machine, not on prod machines, so if you are moving
> igb to ixgbe, I can certainly can maintain my patch in my tree, while
> you make your changes.
>
I'll try to get the coding for this finished up this week and I can
probably send you a copy of the patches as an RFC.  We will do testing
and hopefully we can have the patches pushed to net-next for 3.7.

Thanks,

Alex