Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] SCTP: Enable netns

From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:39:52 -0400

On 08/06/2012 04:47 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
> Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 12:50:46 -0700
>
>> Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>
>>> Hi Eric
>>>
>>> Associations are looked up by ports, but then verifyed by addresses.
>>> Also, associations belong to sockets and simply validating the socket
>>> namespace should be sufficient.
>>
>> True.  Your set of patches isn't quite as likely to malfunction as it
>> looked at first glance.  It requires address reuse which happens accross
>> namespaces but not too frequently.
>>
>> As for validating the socket namespace I agree that is the fix and my
>> patchset winds up doing it.
>
> FWIW I much prefer Eric's patch set, it was so significantly easier to
> read and validate than Jan's.
>

Yes, but Eric's patch set is missing a very significant piece which is 
per-net sctp tunables/globals.  I think adding that piece in will 
introduce some of the complexities of Jan's patch.

Also, I noticed that Eric went the route of placing sctp netns into 
struct net, but Jan used a generic pointer.  Which one should be used? 
Is there some guidance?

-vlad