Subject: [Announce] SequreISP an ISP's management software as GPL

From: Luciano Ruete <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 17:01:53 -0300

Hi all,

This is a one time announce.

 From about 12 years from now I (and my company) have worked with 
small/medium ISPs or WISPs, always using Linux as the core router for 
bandwidth management, QoS and load balancing.

As for 3 years from now we have started to work in a product now called 
SequreISP[0], which is a final solution for small/medium ISPs, that now 
is at a very stable state, and the proof is it's been used for more than 
200 ISPs in more than 10 different countries worldwide[1].
With a range of clients up to 5000 per ISP, that is currently our mayor 
success case (in a single server), but we think this can grow up to 
10000 or 15000 as well.

SequreISP allows to do bandwidth management, QoS, load balancing 
(current record is 40 ADSL lines in single server) and a lot more all 
from a comfortable web interface (like a router) which is written in 
Ruby on Rails. At a low level it generates tc(htb,sfq) queues and ip 
ro/iptables commands.

SequreISP comes with a core which has all the technicals features, which 
has been open sourced about more than a year ago with a AGPLv3 License. 
You can check the project page at github[2]. As you can quickly verify, 
the public repo has been keep up to date, with commits almost every day, 
and that's because it is our main repo as well.

All user interface is fully available in English, Spanish and 
Portuguese, as well as the in-line documentation.

There is also a commercial version of SequreISP, that comes with several 
modules adding extra(administrative) functionalities like a invoicing 
tools, notifications(via captive portal), videocahe, help desk, among 
others.

We have a growing community of commercial SequreISP users, but 
unfortunately there is no growing community from open source users and 
developers as well. So this email is an open invitation for this to change.

As a sysadmin and developer i can assure you that SequreISP solves a lot 
of complex problems with a neat and effective approach.

So if you are an ISP sysadmin or owner I really suggest you to give it a 
try.

If you are also a developer you can contribute with the project and the 
community, and you can even make money from this, ie. writing your own 
plug-in and selling it to our existing client database (like in an app 
store).

There is a lot of engineering and effort behind SequreISP and it is a 
shame and a waste that a lot of people are not using it simply because 
they don't know that it exists.

We are going to be also giving some SequreISP free conferences in 
August, in Buenos Aires[3], São Paulo[4] and Budapest[5] (following 
Ubiquiti World Conference scheduling, in order to ease access), so if 
you're going to this Ubiquiti events, or simply like to know us, 
consider yourself invited.

Thank you all for your time.

[0] http://sequreisp.com/?locale=en
[1] You can check our customers map at http://sequreisp.com/Map?locale=en
[2] https://github.com/sequre/sequreisp
[3] http://sequreisp.com/blog/posts/17?locale=es
[4] http://sequreisp.com/blog/posts/18?locale=pt
[5] http://sequreisp.com/blog/posts/19?locale=en

-- 
Luciano Ruete
CTO - Sequre/SequreISP
Mitre 617 Piso 7 Ala Oeste
Mendoza - Argentina
http://www.sequreisp.com/
http://www.sequre.com.ar/