Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/can: rename peak_usb dump_mem function

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:02:19 +0200

On 09/02/2012 07:13 PM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
> 
> Rename generic-sounding function dump_mem() to pcan_dump_mem()
> so that it does not conflict with the dump_mem() function in
> arch/sh/include/asm/kdebug.h.
> 
> drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_core.c: error: conflicting types for 'dump_mem':  => 56:6
> drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_core.h: error: conflicting types for 'dump_mem':  => 134:6
> 
> Not tested.

:) I've converted the users of peak's dump_mem() function, too. Now it
compiles. Should this go into v3.6, or is v3.7 early enough?

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |