Subject: Re: [Open-FCoE] [RFC PATCH 0/5] Reorganize libfcoe control interfaces

From: "Love, Robert W" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:46:47 +0000

On Tue 11 Sep 2012 10:36:35 AM PDT, Love, Robert W wrote:
> On Tue 11 Sep 2012 10:06:29 AM PDT, Chris Leech wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Robert Love <[email-masked]> wrote:

<snip>

>> That being said, I'm glad this is being reworked.  Do you have any
>> other functionality in mind that this is laying the groundwork for?
>>
>
> I have one feature and a few ideas. I currently have a patch that adds
> a fabric selection feature. I add another RW attribute to the ctlr_X
> device. If the user writes fabric name to the file libfcoe uses it in
> it's FCF selection algorithm. Here's my commit message from that patch.
> I can share the patch if people would like to see it too. The current
> implementation also allows the user to force the login through a
> specific FCF.
>

My fcoe-utils.git change here also allows the user to drive this fabric 
selection using a new variable in the /etc/fcoe/cfg-ethX files that the 
'fcoe service' uses.