Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] net_sched: gred: actually perform idling in WRED mode

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:08:06 -0400

On 12-09-13 11:22 AM, David Ward wrote:
> gred_dequeue() and gred_drop() do not seem to get called when the
> queue is empty, meaning that we never start idling while in WRED
> mode. And since qidlestart is not stored by gred_store_wred_set(),
> we would never stop idling while in WRED mode if we ever started.
> This messes up the average queue size calculation that influences
> packet marking/dropping behavior.
>
> Now, we start WRED mode idling as we are removing the last packet
> from the queue. Also we now actually stop WRED mode idling when we
> are enqueuing a packet.
>
> Cc: Bruce Osler <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: David Ward <[email-masked]>

This is one is not so obvious. Iam assuming you vetted it via some tests.
In which case:
Acked-by: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

cheers,
jamal