Subject: Re: New commands to configure IOV features

From: "Yuval Mintz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 17:49:45 +0200

>>> It provides 3 sysfs files (enable, disable, num_max_vfs);
>>> callbacks for enable&  disable.
>>
>> why using three? only pass max_vfs should be enough...
>>
>> aka pass 0 mean disabling, pass other value mean enabling.
>>
> could do that.  but I wouldn't use 'max_vfs'; I would recommend
> 'num_vfs', as max implies, er, um, the maximum, and what one
> wants is to be able to enable a number from 1->max_vfs.
> 'max_vfs' will be provided by another file.
> 

If we're at it, how do you suggest the configurations of the VFs
resources/properties should be made?
Notice I'm asking about properties which relate to all PCI devices,
E.g., number of interrupts assigned to each VF (for VF RSS).

(For properties which relate only to networking devices, we could
use standard network API such as netlink).

Perhaps given a configurable property that applies to all PCI devices,
once SRIOV is enabled and the VFs are created, there would be an
additional sysfs node under the VFs through which the user could
configure that property.