Subject: Re: You have to fix this

From: Vipul Pandya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:42:05 +0530

On 28-09-2012 23:13, David Miller wrote:
> From: Vipul Pandya <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:29:22 +0530
> 
>> Please let me know how else would I get above warning message?
> 
> Maybe your compiler is too old.  Does -Wframe-larger-than= show up in your
> build logs with "make V=1"?
> 

I am using gcc version 4.4.4 20100726. Yes -Wframe-larger-than=2048 does
show up in my build logs as shown below:
===
gcc -Wp,-MD,arch/x86/kernel/.hw_breakpoint.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.4/include
-I/root/git_kernel_tree/net-next/arch/x86/include
-Iarch/x86/include/generated -Iinclude  -include
/root/git_kernel_tree/net-next/include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__
-Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security
-fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 -m64 -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone
-mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args
-DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1
-DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -pipe
-Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx
-mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -Wframe-larger-than=2048
-fno-stack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow
-fconserve-stack -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO    -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s"
-D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(hw_breakpoint)"
-D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(hw_breakpoint)" -c -o
arch/x86/kernel/hw_breakpoint.o arch/x86/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c
===