Subject: Re: [PATCH] flexcan: disable bus error interrupts for the i.MX28

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:04:42 +0200

On 10/08/2012 09:59 AM, Dong Aisheng-B29396 wrote:
[...]

>>>> Concerning the bug, I know that the i.MX35 does have it. Maybe other
>>>> Flexcan cores than on the i.MX28 does *not* have it either. If you
>>>> have a chance, please check on the P1010, i.MX6Q, i.MX51, i.MX53,
>>>> etc.
>>>
>>> >From what I can tell, i.MX35, i.MX51 and i.MX53 use the same version,
>>> so they should all have the bug.  And for i.MX6Q, since it uses a
>>> newer version even than i.MX28, I would believe it's affected by the bug.
>>> But I'm copying Dong who should have better knowledge about this to
>>> confirm.
>>
>> Thank for clarification. I have a i.MX6Q board but without CAN adapter :(,
>> unfortunately. Otherwise I would try it out myself.
>>
> How did you verify this issue?
> I just checked our ic guy of flexcan, it seems he also had no sense of this issue.

Wolfgang added this table to the driver code, which is a very good idea.
I've some (nitpicky) questions :)

> Below is some version info what I got:
> Mx6s use FlexCAN3, with IP version 10.00.12.00
    ^^^
Is this core different from the mx6q? Has the flexcan on mx6 a glitch
filter?

> Mx53 use FlexCAN2 (with glitch filter), with IP version 03.00.00.00
> Mx28 use FlexCAN2 (with glitch filter), with IP version 03.00.04.00
> Mx35 use FlexCAN2 (without glitch filter) , with IP version 03.00.00.00
> Mx25 use FlexCAN2 (without glitch filter), with IP version 03.00.00.00

Do you have access to the powerpc designs which have a flexcan core,
too? I'm interested to complete the above table with powerpcs cores
(p1010 and similar).

Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |