Subject: IPv6 stable privacy addresses (Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:58:44 -0300

Folks,

FYI. This is meant to solve the problems of IPv6 address
scanning and IPv6 host tracking:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01>

Thanks,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01.txt
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:50:49 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title           : A method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced
Addresses with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-10-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies a method for generating IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers to be used with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   (SLAAC), such that addresses configured using this method are stable
   within each subnet, but the Interface Identifier changes when hosts
   move from one network to another.  The aforementioned method is meant
   to be an alternative to generating Interface Identifiers based on
   IEEE identifiers, such that the benefits of stable addresses can be
   achieved without sacrificing the privacy of users.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1