Subject: Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and system crash when visiting a particular website

From: Daniel Mack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 23:00:20 +0200

On 21.10.2012 22:43, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
>> Nice. Could you do that again with the patch applied I sent yo some
>> hours ago?
> 
> That patch was of no help - the system has crashed and I couldn't spot relevant
> messages.
> 
> I've no idea what it means.

The sequence of driver callbacks issued on a stream start is

 .open()
 .hw_params()
 .prepare()
 .trigger()

If the ALSA part really causes this issue, the bad things happen either
in any of the driver callback functions or in the core underneath.

The patch I sent returns an error from the hw_params callback, and as
you still see the problem, that means that the crash happens before any
of the USB audio streaming really starts.

Could you try and return -EINVAL from snd_usb_capture_open() please?

If anyone has a better idea on how to debug this, please chime in.

Daniel

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html