Subject: Re: [net-next 2/8] maintainers: update with official intel support link, new maintainer

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:31:05 -0700

On 10/23/2012 09:32 PM, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> So how do we go about giving this spider web of complex coverage to some
> clear concise coverage in the MAINTAINERS?

I happen to like seeing "real" names.  Is it possible to leverage email 
conventions to allow a comment of sorts with each email:

INTEL ETHERNET DRIVERS (e100/e1000/e1000e/igb/igbvf/ixgb/ixgbe/ixgbevf)
M:      Jeff Kirsher (den mother) <[email-masked]>
M:      Jesse Brandeburg (performance focus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Bruce Allan (e1000e focus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Carolyn Wyborny (igb focus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Don Skidmore (omnibus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Greg Rose (omnibus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Peter P Waskiewicz Jr (omnibus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Alex Duyck (omnibus) <[email-masked]>
M:      John Ronciak (omnibus) <[email-masked]>
M:      Tushar Dave (omnibus and rca) <[email-masked]>

perhaps "any" or "all" rather than omnibus if that is too much a 
fifty-cent word.  Everyone is still in one place, but with some 
indication of specialization/generalization.  If the parenthesis form 
cannot be used, (I've not seen it elsewhere in MAINTAINERS) then perhaps 
the quoted form.

rick jones

(And yes, "den mother" was meant as a bit of levity :)