Subject: Fwd: Re: RTL 8169 linux driver question

From: Stéphane ANCELOT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:14:37 +0100

Hi,
I have got a question regarding RTL8169 driver.

I have an adapted version of this driver for a realtime linux kernel and 
  a 8168/811B rev 2 component (as listed by lspci).

I had problem with it, my application sends a frame that is immediately 
transmitted back by some slaves, there was abnormally 100us  lost 
between the send and receive call.

Finally I found it was coming from the following register setup in the 
driver :

RTL_W16(IntrMitigate, 0x5151);

Can you give me some details about it, since I do not have the RTL8169 
programming guide.

/100us is important since this component acts as an Ethercat Master 
running at 1ms./

Regards,
Stephane Ancelot

R & D department
NUMALLIANCE
http://www.numalliance.com