Subject: Re: tc ipt action

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 05:26:02 -0500

Hi Pablo,

On 12-12-15 07:27 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

> The binary interface was broken in 1.4.11 with the guided option
> parser:

Ah. Thanks that would explain it.

> You need a patch to use the new interface to stay in sync with current
> iptables libraries. I'll make it for tc and send it to you.
>

Much thanks. I just scanned it and things have changed; old way used to 
take multiparams. New one a single struct, so would have taken much 
longer for me to resolve.

> BTW, I think it would be good if we find the way to check for
> libxtables current version (see iptables/configure.ac), so you can
> know that we broke binary compatibility again.
>

will do.

cheers,
jamal