Subject: Re: [PATCH] build: unbreak linkage of m_xt.so

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 05:30:50 -0500

On 12-12-15 07:32 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Commit v3.7.0~10 caused the variable new PKG_CONFIG variable never
> to be present at the time of calling make, leading to tc/m_xt.so
> not linked with -lxtables (result from pkg-config xtables --libs),
> that in turn leading to
>
> tc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/tc//m_xt.so: undefined symbol:
> xtables_init_all
>

Yep - run into this problem, scratching my head thinking something
wrong with my environment with latest iproute2 git tree. I hacked
mine to just always include xtables in LDLIBS.

> Fixing that.
>
> Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]>

I can confirm it builds fine for me now if i take out the hack I had and 
use this patch.
Acked-by: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

Stephen, I think this patch would be equivalent of "stable fix".

cheers,
jamal