Subject: Re: [PATCH] pkt_sched: act_xt support new Xtables interface

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:05:42 -0500

Hi Pablo,

On 12-12-24 08:12 AM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

>
> conntrack needs to see defragmented packets, you have to call
> nf_defrag_ipv4 / _ipv6 respectively before that.
>

This should not be too hard to do - although my thinking says this
should be a separate action.

> This also changes the semantics of the raw table in iptables since it
> will now see packet with conntrack already attached. So this would
> also break -j CT --notrack.
>

Is there a flag we can check which says a flow is not to be tracked?
Doesnt nf_conntrack_in() fail if --no track is set?

> This needs more thinking. I can appreciate the value of calling
> conntrack from different points of the packet traversal, but there are
> a couple of thing we have to resolve before allowing that.

There is user need for this Pablo - as you can see from what Felix
deployed it seems to be used a lot more wider audience dependency.
What do we need to do to get this to work properly?

cheers,
jamal