Subject: Re: [PATCH] firewire net: Ensure checksumming in upper layer.

From: Stephan Gatzka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:17:00 +0100

> "Off-link source" means the source exists on the different L2
> network.  In other words, source is connected via router(s).
>
>           ethernet             firewire
>   Host -------------- Router ------------ Host
>

O.k., understood. But the receiving router verifies the checksum of 
incoming packets and sends them on the firewire link. On firewire we 
have CRC checksums to ensure the integrity of packets.

I agree with your patch but I don't see why we should check them in the 
driver. I thought your patch will ensure that the checksums will be 
verified in the upper layers.

Stephan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL, ASP.NET, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS,
MVC, Windows 8 Apps, JavaScript and much more. Keep your skills current
with LearnDevNow - 3,200 step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft
MVPs and experts. ON SALE this month only -- learn more at:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_123012