Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/1] VM Sockets for Linux upstreaming

From: Gerd Hoffmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 17:41:27 +0100

Hi,

> Unlike previous submissions, where the new socket family was entirely reliant
> on VMware's VMCI PCI device (and thus VMware's hypervisor), VM Sockets is now
> *completely* separated out into two parts, each in its own module:

Some separation still needs to be done:

  CC [M]  net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.o
In file included from
/home/kraxel/projects/linux/net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c:102:0:
/home/kraxel/projects/linux/net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.h:21:33: fatal error:
linux/vmw_vmci_defs.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.o] Error 1

[ with  vmci series from jan 9th applied on top it builds ]

Module deps are a bit bogous too:

vmw_vsock_vmci_transport    26162  0
vsock                  34481  1 vmw_vsock_vmci_transport
vmw_vmci               61602  2 vsock,vmw_vsock_vmci_transport

Only vmw_vsock_vmci_transport should have a vmw_vmci dependency, not
vsock ...

Nevertheless this should be good enough to start hacking up a virtio
prototype.

cheers,
  Gerd