Subject: Re: [net-next 05/10] igb: Update igb to use a path similar to ixgbe to determine when to stop Tx

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:19:29 -0800

On 2/8/2013 11:18 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:11:10 -0800
>
>> For igb the IGB_MAX_DATA_PER_TXD is 32K as well.  So if I am not
>> mistaken we should be fine.  The only time we risk exceeding that is
>> if we have 64K page size.  It sounds like we may need to work in the
>> ixgbe driver though since I believe the limit for it is only 16K per
>> descriptor.
>>
>> I will also submit an update for this patch that replaces PAGE_SIZE
>> with NETDEV_FRAG_PAGE_MAX_SIZE in order to keep the two in sync.
> I therefore expect a respin of this series from Jeff once the
> update of this patch is resolved.
>
> Thanks.

I will work with Jeff to get that resolved.  Also I will be submitting 
one patch directly it looks like since NETDEV_FRAG_PAGE_MAX_SIZE turns 
out to be defined in skbuff.c so I will need to pull it into skbuff.h 
most likely.

Thanks,

Alex