Subject: Re: [IPv6] interface-local multicast escapes the local node

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 23:12:46 +0900

Hi,

Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 05:54:15PM +0100, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 12:24:14AM +0900, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki wrote:
>>> NAK.  I think we should select routes via loopback device here.
>>
>> Will try your idea, thanks.
> 
> Does this patch look reasonable? Btw. i am pleased to see this kind of
> things work out as expected most of the time (addrtype checking etc. all
> in place). :)
> 

Well, I rethink of what "interface-local" means.

It seems applications will join ff01::/16%eth0 instead of ff01::/16%lo.
If so, your original patch seems better.  My bad, sorry.

Would you update original one, with minor modification that defers
kfree_skb() after incrementing MIB, please?

If you think we should join ff01::{1,2} by default, you can send another
patch for it.  (BTW, why don't we join ff05::2, then? ;-))

Thanks.

--yoshfuji