Subject: Re: [net-next (TAKE 2) 0/4] IPv6 over Firewire

From: Stephan Gatzka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:48:20 +0100

> I have tested against MacOS X 10.5.8.
> 
> ARP and ping works but unfortunately NDP does not seem to work.
> 
> If I assign static NDP entry on Linux, ping6 ff02::1%fw0 from MacOS
> works well.
> 
> I checked tcpdump on both side, and I guess this is because MacOS is
> broken; - tcpdump on Linux side complains that ICMP checksum is
> incorrect. - tcpdump on MacOS side says that length of Link-layer
> address option is 2 (16) instead of 3 (24).

Than I would assume that there is a bug in your new implementation.
RFC3146 section 8 states that the link layer option is of length 3. In
addition, my proof of concept implementation also worked with MacOS X
and I double checked the ndisc packets directly on the firewire line
using a firewire sniffing device (firespy).

Regards,

Stephan