Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/9] rdma/cm: define native IB address

From: Or Gerlitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:56:02 +0200

On 22/01/2013 23:56, [email-masked] wrote:
> +
> +struct sockaddr_ib {
> +	unsigned short int	sib_family;	/* AF_IB */
> +	__be16			sib_pkey;
> +	__be32			sib_flowinfo;
> +	struct ib_addr		sib_addr;
> +	__be64			sib_sid;
> +	__be64			sib_sid_mask;
> +	__u64			sib_scope_id;
> +};

just a nit, maybe reorder the fields to better cope with their IPv6 
buddies (where  there is
such) from sockaddr_in6?

Also I see that both IPv6 header and IB GRH have a traffic class field 
which is skipped in both
cases for the related sockaddr_ structure, not sure why, is this 
something the kernel stack decides on and uses but not available for 
applications to read/modify?

struct sockaddr_in6 {
         unsigned short int      sin6_family;    /* AF_INET6 */
         __be16                  sin6_port;      /* Transport layer port 
# */
         __be32                  sin6_flowinfo;  /* IPv6 flow information */
         struct in6_addr         sin6_addr;      /* IPv6 address */
         __u32                   sin6_scope_id;  /* scope id (new in 
RFC2553) */
};