Subject: Re: [net-next (TAKE 2) 0/4] IPv6 over Firewire

From: Stephan Gatzka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:44:07 +0100

Hi Yoshfuji,

> Nevertheless, there is some hope that I can try out your patch set
> during this week and find some insight why IPv6 does not work with
MacOS X.

Unfortunately, until now I did not find some time to try out your IPv6
over firewire implementation. But now I did.

I just fired a ping6 from my Linux box running your kernel.

Using a FireSpy device I sniffed directly on the firewire line and
dumped the ndisc packets. They look pretty well, I can't see any
problems. The only thing I can't really judge about is the ICMPv6
checksum. But wireshark says the checksum is correct.

The packets send from MacOS X also look good, but yes, their
(recalculated) checksum might be wrong. The wireshark running on my
receiving linux box does not agree with the checksum send by MacOS X.

Now I would also assume that MacOS X is wrong. To proof that you can
test your code against MacOS X with CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY. I would assume
that your implementation will work then. Unfortunately I no longer have
the MacOS laptop available.

Regards,

Stephan