Subject: Re: NET: FEC: dynamtic check DMA desc buff type

From: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:32:17 +1000

Hi Frank,

Commit ff43da86c69d76a726ffe7d1666148960dc1d108 ("NET: FEC: dynamtic
check DMA desc buff type") breaks building of the fec ethernet driver
for non CONFIG_ARCH_MXC targets.

For example building for ColdFire devices with FEC hardware now
fails like this

drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c: In function ‘fec_enet_get_nextdesc’:
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c:215:18: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct bufdesc_ex’
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c: In function ‘fec_enet_get_prevdesc’:
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c:224:18: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct bufdesc_ex’
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c: In function ‘fec_enet_start_xmit’:
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c:286:37: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c:287:13: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec.c:324:7: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
etc....

These where generated on 3.9-rc1.

Can you please fix?

Regards
Greg