Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/rds: using strlcpy instead of strncpy

From: Chen Gang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:32:05 +0800

于 2013年03月05日 11:16, Ben Hutchings 写道:
> I think it is wrong, and the code should be changed to do either:
> 
> 1. Zero-initialise the whole of the name, then use strlcpy().
> 2. Keep using strncpy(), and also set the last byte of name to 0.
> 

  I think what I have done is just like your choice "2."
  for me, I think they are equal:

-		strncpy(ctr.name, names[i], sizeof(ctr.name) - 1);
+		strlcpy(ctr.name, names[i], sizeof(ctr.name));

		strncpy(ctr.name, names[i], sizeof(ctr.name) - 1);
+ 		ctr.name[sizeof(ctr.name) - 1] = '\0';

>> > BTW:
>> >   excuse me, maybe my reply will be late during this week.
>> >   the reason:
>> >     my father had a serious heart disease, and is in hospital.
>> >     during these days, most of my time has to be in hospital.
>> >       (God Bless, and thank Jesus Christ, my father is safe, now).
>> >     within my company (Asianux), I also have something to do.
> Best wishes to you both.

  thank you.

  :-)

-- 
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation