Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] bridge: avoid br_ifinfo_notify when nothing changed

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:32:14 +0400

Hello.

On 25-03-2013 1:15, David Miller wrote:

>>> When neither IFF_BRIDGE nor IFF_BRIDGE_PORT is set,
>>> and afspec == NULL but  protinfo != NULL, we run into
>>> "if (err == 0) br_ifinfo_notify(RTM_NEWLINK, p);" with
>>> random value in ret.

>>> Thanks to Sergei for pointing out the error in commit comments.

>>> Signed-off-by: Hong Zhiguo <[email-masked]>

>>      For the future, if you post the revised version of the patch, you
>> should indicate in the subject it like this: [PATCH v2].

> I'm disappointed that you have enough energy to point out such a lower
> priority omission, but you lack the time for something more important,
> which is giving this patch your explicit ACK if it fixes all of the
> issues you pointed out to him.

    Sorry, I don't usuallly ACK patches in an area I'm not closely familiar 
with. Though I can add:

Reviewed-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei