Subject: Re: defxx: skb_push() failing?

From: David Oostdyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:11:20 -0400

Hi Maciej,

I can confirm that the two FDDI cards work on a 32-bit kernel. I'm not 
getting anywhere near the data rates I'd expect (3.5MB/sec?) but it's a 
start.  I'd be glad to help test any 64-bit patches you come up with, 
Maciej.

Either way, Eric Dumazet's patch to drivers/block/aoe/aoecmd.c seems to 
be required to prevent a panic right after defxx is loaded.  Eric - good 
find.  Should your patch be submitted upstream, then?

Dave O.

On 03/26/13 15:00, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, David Oostdyk wrote:
>
>> (Now if I could only figure out why these FDDI cards don't want to talk to
>> each other... I was hoping that was it.)
>   I saw 64-bit addresses in your log -- the driver is known not to be
> 64-bit-clean, I've had an initial look into it recently and will be
> addressing it shortly.
>
>    Maciej
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html