Subject: Re: [net-next.git 2/7] stmmac: review barriers

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:02:08 +0400

Hello.

On 03-04-2013 9:41, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:

> In all my tests performed on SH4 and ARM A9 platforms, I've never met problems
> that can be fixed by using memory barriers. In the past there was some issues
> on SMP ARM but fixed by reviewing xmit spinlock.

> Further barriers have been added in the commits too: 8e83989106562326bf

    Please also specify that commit's summary line in parens.

> This patch is to use the smp_wbm instead of wbm because the driver

    It's "wmb".

> runs on UP systems. Then, IMO it could make sense to only maintain the barriers
> just in places where we touch the dma owner bits (that is the
> only real critical path as we had seen and fixed in the commit:
> eb0dc4bb2e22c04964d).

   This one's too.

> Signed-off-by: Giuseppe Cavallaro <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Deepak Sikri <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Shiraz Hashim <[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei