Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] sh_eth: add R-Car support for real

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 17:34:53 +0400

Hello.

On 08-04-2013 6:39, Simon Horman wrote:

>> Commit d0418bb7123f44b23d69ac349eec7daf9103472f (net: sh_eth: Add eth support
>> for R8A7779 device) was a failed attempt to add support for one of members of
>> the R-Car SoC family.  That's for three reasons: it treated R8A7779 the  same
>> as SH7724 except including quite dirty hack adding ECMR_ELB  bit  to the mask
>> in sh_eth_set_rate() while not removing ECMR_RTM bit (despite it's reserved in
>> R-Car Ether), and it didn't add a new register offset array despite the closest
>> SH_ETH_REG_FAST_SH4 mapping differs by 0x200 to the offsets all the R-Car Ether
>> registers have, and also some of the registers in this old mapping don't exist
>> on R-Car Ether (due to this, SH7724's 'sh_eth_my_cpu_data' structure is not
>> adequeate for R-Car too).  Fix all these shortcomings, restoring the SH7724
>> related section to its pristine state...

>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

> Hi Sergei,

> thanks for this and sorry for not noticing it earlier.
> I will try exercising it on the r8a7790 lager.

> IIRC you previously mentioned that you were doing work on unravelling
> the #define mess in sh_eth. I am wondering if you have made any progress
> in that area.

    Not much -- I was swithced to USB work.

WBR, Sergei