Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3 net-next RFC] selftest: Introduce test abstraction for net

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 13:22:45 +0200

On 04/09/2013 12:30 PM, Alexandru Copot wrote:
> This series adds a generic test abstraction that can make
> writing testcases easier. A generic_test structure is
> used to define a test and its methods.

Probably it would make sense as well to include other subsystem
test case developers/authors from testing/selftests/* in discussion,
since not only testing/selftests/net/ might want to use it, not
sure.

I don't know how far we want to go here or what is planned, but
maybe also having a look at libtap or others might be quite useful:

   https://github.com/zorgnax/libtap/blob/master/tap.h
   https://github.com/zorgnax/libtap/blob/master/tap.c

If we want to introduce something generic, then this should maybe
go under testing/selftests/lib/ so that others can make use of
that as well and convert (at least) some of their selftests.

> The second patch updates the socket tests to use the
> new framework, and the third patch creates new tests
> for [set/get]sockopt with some IPV6_* options.
>
> Signed-of by Alexandru Copot <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Daniel Baluta <[email-masked]>