Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] sh_eth: add R-Car support for real

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:08:46 +0400

Hello.

On 08-04-2013 18:40, [email-masked] wrote:

> Thanks for the patch. When I added r8a7779 support, I had a rather poor
> manual with a lot of information missing. I submitted the patch once I got
> the driver working on a Marzen board, with an REE Expansion Board.

    That must be 3rd type of the expansion board even. I have documentation on 
some Y-R-CAR-H1-BOARD-EXP board, and I have the R0P7779A00020S board mounted 
below Marzen. They seem very different as the latter don't have any switches 
on it.

> One of the main changes you have made is adjusting the offset of the
> control registers. When I did this work originally, I just assumed that
> the base address start at 0x1DE00200, i.e. it included the 0x200 offset.
> This made sense as the registers are then identically positioned to sh4a.

    Yes, but not all SH4 registers exist on R-Car and the Ether base is 
0xFDE00000 according to the datasheet.

> Regards
> Phil

WBR, Sergei