Subject: Re: [PATCH] iproute2: lib/utils.c bug fixes

From: Mr Dash Four <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:38:01 +0100

Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 14:49 +0100, Mr Dash Four wrote:
>
>   
>> 2. How do you know that Dash Four isn't my name and is a "pseudonym" (do 
>> you consider the name "Dotcom" not to be a real name too, simply because 
>> in your, quite narrow-minded, understanding of the world this name 
>> "looks a bit strange, therefore it must be a pseudonym")?
>>     
>
> WOW, I can not believe this rant against Stephen.
>   
It wasn't a rant at all, quite on the contrary (if it is perceived as 
such, my apologies, that was not the intention).

> Is question was polite, your answer is definitely not.
>   
The blanked assumption that I use a pseudonym, simply because "Dash Four 
looks a bit strange" wasn't very polite either.

> Is "Mr" part of your name ?
>   
It is as far as I am concerned (Mr = Mister, which is indicative of my 
gender).

> My name is "Eric Dumazet", not "Mr Eric Dumazet"
Right, so if I am unfamiliar with the common pool of French names 
(which, I presume, is where yours comes from), can I call you Miss Eric 
Dumazet then? The title (Mr) is included for those confused souls out 
there (*Mr* Hemminger included) who are not sure as to what my gender 
is, that's all.

>  or "Mr Sublime President Eric Dumazet"
>   
And you don't find the above response patronising to say the least?