Subject: Re: [PATCH] iproute2: lib/utils.c bug fixes

From: Mr Dash Four <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:58:40 +0100

David Miller wrote:
> The self-rightousness with which people operating under pseudonyms or
> names that do not meet the requirements of the developers certificate
> of origin react when they are confronted directly about this issue I
> find truly appalling.
>   
I assume this was aimed at me, in which case I'll ask again - on what 
basis you or Stephen have determined that I do not comply with these 
terms (this is a genuine question, not a wind up - just in case you or 
anybody else start making assumptions!)?

> It's pretty pointless to wet yourself in public over this issue rather
> than just comply with our requirements if you want to submit changes
> that actually get applied.
>   
I am not "wetting myself" over anything. Again though, where (or in what 
part of my submission) do you think that I have not complied with these 
requirements?

> But if you don't want to play along, that's fine, because if the issue
> is important enough there's a thousand or so other developers right
> behind you willing to fix or implement it too.
>
> We have enough developer resources that people behaving in an
> anti-social manner about issues like this simply don't matter.
>
> I know what you're doing, you're just trying to make a point, but at
> the expense of everyone else's time.  That makes you a troll at best,
> and an asshole at worst.
>   
I find the above comments uncalled for at best, particularly coming from 
someone in your position. "troll", "asshole"?