Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/cpsw: don't disable_irqs() after an interrupt has been received.

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:02:48 +0200

On 04/17/2013 10:46 AM, Mugunthan V N wrote:
> On 4/17/2013 1:14 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
>>> I have tested this patch and it hangs the CPU after net open (CPSW
>>> init).
>> If I remove additionally the napi_schedule() piece then the network is
>> dead (as expected) and the system continues to work (and I receive
>> interrupts) and the ISR for cpsw is not executed again. What hardware /
>> CPU do you have?
>>
> I am testing on Beagle Bone black.

I have here vanila v3.8.4 + cpsw patches which were in net-next. As for
the hardware:

[    0.000000] Machine: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree), model:
TI AM335x BeagleBone
[    0.000000] AM335X ES1.0 (neon )

model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 2

If we do have the same hardware and source why do I have different
behavior? Can you send me your .config off-list?

> Regards
> Mugunthan V N

Sebastian