Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5 v2] net/cpsw: don't rely only on netif_running() to check which device is active

From: Mugunthan V N <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:44:59 +0530

On 4/22/2013 2:00 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> I tried to describe the reason for that in my patch description. Here
> it is again: netif_running() reports false before ndo_close() has been
> called. That means an interrupt between the flag change and interrupt
> disabling in ndo_close() will currently lockup the box (IRQ_NONE would
> at least allow the core to disable the interrupt line).
>
> Initialyly I decided against using IFF_UP as well but using would work
> without the private active field. So here we have
>
> -v1…v2: replacing private active field with IFF_UP + netif_running()
>
> How about this?
If this is the case, then other Ethernet drivers will also have the same 
scenario,
if it can be fixed in a generic way then i will be good.

Regards
Mugunthan V N