Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH 2/4] net: increase frag hash size

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:13:33 +0400

Hello.

On 25-04-2013 14:13, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

>>> Increase fragmentation hash bucket size to 1024 from old 64 elems.

>>> After we increased the frag mem limits (in commit v3.8-rc3-503-gc2a9366)

>>      This is not a commit ID, commit ID is SHA1 key alone. And you should also
>> specify that commit's summary line with it, in parens.

> Did you know that you can use the string "v3.8-rc3-503-gc2a9366" like:
>   git show v3.8-rc3-503-gc2a9366

    No, I didn't. I only know such string is a result of the command 'git 
describe' (if I don't mistake).

> That's why I like this kind of commit ID better, as it also tell the
> reader what approx version this patch were in.

   Understood. Everybody else is using SHA1 though for which gitweb certainly 
could generate a coimmit link if it encountered SHA1 in the changelog. Now, 
with the switch of kernel.org to cgit though, this ability seems to be gone.
That's why (in part) I don't think using cgit was such a good idea... I want 
the old gitweb back!

> --JEsper

WBR, Sergei