Subject: Re: [PATCH] 3c509.c: call SET_NETDEV_DEV for all device types (ISA/ISAPnP/EISA)

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 01:24:15 +0400

Hello.

On 26-04-2013 1:03, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>> From: Matthew Whitehead <[email-masked]>

>> The venerable 3c509 driver only sets its device parent in one case, the
>> ISAPnP one.
>> It does this with the SET_NETDEV_DEV function. It should register with the
>> device
>> hierarchy in two additional cases: standard (non-PnP) ISA and EISA.

>> - Currently they appear here:
>> /sys/devices/virtual/net/eth0 (standard ISA)
>> /sys/devices/virtual/net/eth1 (EISA)

>> - Rather, they should instead be here:
>> /sys/devices/isa/3c509.0/net/eth0 (standard ISA)
>> /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:07.0/00:04/net/eth1 (EISA)

>> Tested on ISA and EISA boards.

>     That's good but you forgot to sign off, so the patch can't be applied.

>     BTW, it seems that after almost 7 years I seem to have found a tester for
> my patch which lingered all this time in the Andrew Morton's tree! You've said
> you have EISA boards, how about testing my patch? Now if I could find Andrew
> Morton's tree... Andrew?

    Found it at last at ozlabs.org but it turned out that Andrew has dropped 
the patch without notifying me. :-(

WBR, Sergei