Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] 3c59x: fix PCI resource management

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 21:40:53 +0400

Hello.

On 02-05-2013 2:49, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>> From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

>> The driver wrongly claimed I/O ports at an address returned by pci_iomap() --
>> even if it was passed an MMIO address.  Fix this by claiming/releasing all PCI
>> resources in the PCI driver probe()/remove() methods instead and get rid of the
>> 'must_free_region' flag weirdness (why would Cardbus claim anything for us?).

>> Also, the remove() method was trying to talk to the chip after having disabled
>> its address decoders (at least on x86) -- fix this and while doing it get rid
>> of the useless VORTEX_PCI() invocations.

>> While at it, fix some cases of the overly indented code and the code crossing
>> a 80-column boundary...

>> [[email-masked]: coding-style fixes]
>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Steffen Klassert <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>

>> ---
>> The patch is against David Miller's 'net-next.git' repo.
>> Matthew, please test it on one of your 3c59x EISA boards.
>> Steffen, here's my second try to get this patch past you, the last one was back
>> in 2009...

>      This is mostly a request for testing at this point, I forgot to add [RFT]
> to the subject...

    David and others, your comments are welcome however. The patch probably 
needs some more trimming before it can be considered a pure fix. It has been 
somewhat tested now on EISA (and once more on PCI) board, and as a result of 
testing another one, EISA specific error was reported, fix for which I'm going 
to publish for testing RSN.

WBR, Sergei