Subject: [PATCH] Fix ss Netid column and Local/Peer_Address

From: "Yoann P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 22:53:32 +0200

When using ss -Hutn4 or -utn3, Netid and State columns are sometime merged, it 
can be confusing when trying to pipe into awk or column.
Details (before and after output) are available on this github issue: https://
github.com/shemminger/iproute2/issues/20

Signed-off-by: YoyPa <[email-masked]>
---
 misc/ss.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/misc/ss.c b/misc/ss.c
index c8970438..5e46cc0e 100644
--- a/misc/ss.c
+++ b/misc/ss.c
@@ -144,9 +144,9 @@ static struct column columns[] = {
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "State",                " ",    0, 0, 0 },
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "Recv-Q",               " ",    0, 0, 0 },
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "Send-Q",               " ",    0, 0, 0 },
-       { ALIGN_RIGHT,  "Local Address:",       " ",    0, 0, 0 },
+       { ALIGN_RIGHT,  "Local_Address:",       " ",    0, 0, 0 },
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "Port",                 "",     0, 0, 0 },
-       { ALIGN_RIGHT,  "Peer Address:",        " ",    0, 0, 0 },
+       { ALIGN_RIGHT,  "Peer_Address:",        " ",    0, 0, 0 },
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "Port",                 "",     0, 0, 0 },
        { ALIGN_LEFT,   "",                     "",     0, 0, 0 },
 };
@@ -1334,7 +1334,7 @@ static void sock_state_print(struct sockstat *s)
                out("`- %s", sctp_sstate_name[s->state]);
        } else {
                field_set(COL_NETID);
-               out("%s", sock_name);
+               out("%-6s", sock_name);
                field_set(COL_STATE);
                out("%s", sstate_name[s->state]);
        }
-- 
2.19.1