Subject: Re: [RFC 17/42] drivers/net/ethernet/renesas: don't check resource with devm_ioremap_resource

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:26:19 +0400

Hello.

On 12-05-2013 13:42, Wolfram Sang wrote:

>> You should really compile-test your patches.

> Easier said than done with a cleanup series touching various platforms
> and architectures. If there are already solutions how to find a .config
> compiling the source file modified, I am all ears.

    You can always try to do:

$ make drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.o

with a .config file you have. It will compile a file regardless of 
whether it's enabled in your .config or not...

> That being said, the actual mistake I did was embarassing, I agree. I am
> sorry for that and will improve. And, doing things means doing mistakes,
> too.

    Be more attentive in the future please. :-)

> Regards,

>     Wolfram

WBR, Sergei