Subject: Re: [Patch v2] skbuff: Hide GFP_ATOMIC page allocation failures for dropped packets

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 21:56:00 +0400

Hello.

On 27-05-2013 0:19, [email-masked] wrote:

> From: Aaron Tomlin <[email-masked]>

> Since v1:
>   - Removed unnecessary parentheses

    The "changes since version X" section should typically go after --- 
tearline, else the mainatiner will have to edit your patch before applying.

> ---8<---

> Failed GFP_ATOMIC allocations by the network stack result in dropped
> packets, which will be received on a subsequent retransmit, and an
> unnecessary, noisy warning with a kernel backtrace.

> These warnings are harmless, but they still cause users to panic and
> file bug reports over dropped packets. It would be better to hide the
> failed allocation warnings and backtraces, and let retransmits handle
> dropped packets quietly.

> Signed-off-by: Aaron Tomlin <[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei