Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 7/8] sh_eth: consolidate sh_eth_reset()

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 02:50:42 +0400

Hello.

On 06/06/2013 01:19 AM, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

> From: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <[email-masked]>
>
> This driver has sh_eth_reset() function for each SoC and this function is almost
> always the same, except for the several a bit different variations for Gigabit
> Ethernet.  Consolidate every variation into a single function -- which allows
> us to get rid of some more #ifdef'fery.
>
> Signed-off-by: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <[email-masked]>
> [Sergei: moved the new sh_eth_reset() upper to decrease the patch  size,  fixed
> function call continuation lines' indentation, reworded the changelog, reworded
> the subject, changing the prefix.]
> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>
> ---
> Changes in version 4:
> - moved the new sh_eth_reset() upper to desrease the patch size;

Oops, I forgot to test-compile this change:

drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c: In function ‘sh_eth_reset’:
drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c:745:2: error: implicit declaration 
of function ‘sh_eth_is_gether’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c: At top level:
drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c:857:12: error: static declaration 
of ‘sh_eth_is_gether’ follows non-static declaration
drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c:745:6: note: previous implicit 
declaration of ‘sh_eth_is_gether’ was here
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.o] Error 1
make: *** [drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.o] Error 2

I guess I have to repost the whole series now? :-(

WBR, Sergei