Subject: Re: [PATCH] drivers/net/ethernet/3com: Drop EISA dependency from VORTEX

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:09:52 +0400

Hello.

On 11-06-2013 18:57, Markos Chandras wrote:

> The Vortex driver depends on PCI with optional support for EISA.

> This fixes build problems when EISA is selected but not PCI.

> drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c59x.c:1031:2: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'pci_iomap' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c59x.c:1044:3: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'pci_iounmap' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

> Cc: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Paul Gortmaker <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Signed-off-by: Markos Chandras <[email-masked]>

    The proper way to address this is probably add empty *static inline* 
function implementations for CONFIG_PCI=n case to the header file, same 
as was done with pci_{request|release}_regions() for this same file 
several years ago...

WBR, Sergei